Car Seat Safety
Wheels recently published a great article that provides some important tips on car seat safety.
With motor vehicle crashes being the leading cause of death among children, you can never be too careful with car seats.
Here’s a summary of the tips:
1. Always ensure the straps are snug against your child, and make sure the car seat doesn’t wiggle or move around
2. Don’t pad the car seat with towels, or add extra layers between the child and the seat
3. Make sure there aren’t loose items in the car that could fly around the cabin in the event of a crash
4. Car seats can get hot, especially in the summer – make sure buckles aren’t hot, and cool the car down before putting your child into the seat
5. If you’re renting a car, don’t rent a car seat – use your own. A car rental company won’t provide info about the car seat’s history, whether it’s faulty or expired, whether it’s been in a crash already, etc.
Read the full article here.